Please make your visa application in person and one month before you proceed to Turkey to avoid any inconvenience. An invitation letter will be sent to you and the Turkish Embassy you applied by the Secretariat, after the finalization of the application process.
Here are some important details about the visa procedures of the Turkish Government:
- The term “official passports” covers diplomatic, service, special and official passports.
- Passports should be valid at least six months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa.
- The above information is for tourists. If you are going to study or work in Turkey, you must obtain appropriate visa from Turkish diplomatic/consular missions, prior to proceeding to Turkey.
- Despite the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
- All foreigners, except for those exempt from visa requirement, should obtain their visas at the Turkish missions. Those foreigners, who can obtain sticker type visas at the Turkish border gates, may also have their visas at the Turkish missions, alternatively.
According to the visa procedures, some countries’ citizens are not required to have a Visa.
The citizens of countries listed below are allowed to enter Turkey with their national ID’s in accordance with the “European Agreement on Regulations governing the Movement of Persons between Member States of the Council of Europe”:
- The Netherlands
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
The citizens of the following countries are allowed to enter Turkey with their expired passports which are considered as valid for a certain period of time:
- Belgium – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Bulgaria – Valid ordinary passport
- France – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Germany – Passports expired within the last year / ID’s expired within the last year
- Luxemburg – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Portugal – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Spain – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Switzerland – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
If you need any further information about the visa procedures and your country requirements please visit the following website: http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
Also, please visit the following website if you wish to be informed about e-visas: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/tour/